The CVCA Health Information Exchange (HIE) encompasses one of the most complete suites of services in the State of California. Our current services include:
- Community, longitudinal CCD aggregation by patient
- CCD exchange between care providers under ONC Meaningful Use State 2 criteria
- NwHIN Gateway interoperability services for data exchange between EKCITA and other HIEs / HIOs
- NwHIN Standard DIRECT clinical messaging services (currently in beta test environment, November go-live)
- Automated, customizable clinical alerts for providers (currently in beta test environment, December go-live)
- Population health research analytic functionality
- Disease and condition registry tools, both acute and chronic
- HISP functionality
- Immunization and structured lab data forwarding under ONC Meaningful Use Stages 1 & 2 criteria
- An IHE-compliant ATNA audit server to track system and data access across the HIE network
- All under a robust community governance platform
Technical HIE Platform Workflow:
CVCA Network Diagram v5.png
Example HIE Use Case:
(Full use case, with clinical and technical dialogue downloadable from our HIE Resources
California Connects Workflow v2 CVCA Version.png
See It All For Yourself!
Take a look at our HIE Test Environment
. Use the following criteria to access the site...
Patient Finder (one demo patient available)
Name: Frances Seever
To request a guided demonstration, contact us to arrange an appointment.